Purpose: To assist TKG members of all levels in furthering their craft by providing funds to be used toward classes or courses that have relevance in knifemaking.
Eligibility: Open to all paid TKG members in good standing after their first year of membership. No member will be eligible for more than one scholarship award in a five year period.
- Scholarship amount is for $500.00. Only two scholarships will be awarded each year.
- If the class/course tuition exceeds $500.00, only $500.00 will be awarded toward the tuition
- If the class/course tuition does not exceed $500.00 the scholarship will be awarded up to the full amount of the tuition.
- It is preferable that the TKG will reimburse the successful applicant upon presenting an invoice. However, funds can be paid directly to the instructor if the applicant if financially unable to do so.
- Applications will be accepted from January 01 to March 01 and be awarded the following month.
- Awards will be selected by lottery. Suitability of the chosen class/course and member’s participation in the TKG will also be taken into consideration in the awardee eligibility process.
- Awardees will have until December 31 of the year awarded to make use of the award. Any scholarship not used by then will be forfeited and the awardee will not be eligible for another scholarship for a period of five years.
You must be signed into to your membership account to apply for the scholarship.